Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Morris & Sons

Morris and sons exterior


Morris and Sons, 50 York Street, Sydney

Not sure how Morris and his sons got into knitting and needlecraft, but there you go!  The entrance off York St leads into the needlework area, but the magic is in the basement!  Wooden cubbyholes laden with balls of wool of all colors and textures.  Oh the projects!  Must focus on one thing at a time though... one ball of wool to finish up a project that I can hopefully feature here soon.  (Providing I finish it!)  Not just a stop off for all your needlepoint and knitting needs, there is also a haberdashery section as well. In typical style, I forgot to buy much needed bobbins for my sewing machine.  Oh well, I am always looking for an excuse to go back!

If you can't make it to the York Street location, you can shop online as well.


Side note: the basement exits onto a laneway leading to George St.  Apparently there's a little restaurant near there, Grasshopper, which serves ridiculously good food.  Another reason to go back... if I needed one more excuse!

No comments: